By Mayo Clinic Employees
Stone-ground cornmeal is a good resource of vitamins and minerals, like fiber, vitamin C and potassium.
Quantity of servings
- 1 cup all-reason flour
- 1/four cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup body fat-cost-free milk
- four tablespoons (or 1/four cup) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/four cups stone-ground cornmeal
- 1 cup fresh new or cream-model corn
- 1/2 environmentally friendly bell pepper, chopped
Warmth the oven to four hundred F. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
In a substantial bowl, increase the flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir to combine evenly.
In a different bowl, combine the milk, oil, egg substitute, cornmeal, corn and environmentally friendly pepper. Incorporate to the flour combination and blend just right until moistened but however slightly lumpy.
Divide the combination between the 12 muffin liners. Bake 20 minutes or right until muffins are light brown.
Nutritional evaluation for every serving
Serving size: 1 muffin
- Full body fat 5 g
- Calories 168
- Protein four g
- Cholesterol Trace
- Full carbohydrate 26 g
- Nutritional fiber 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated body fat 2 g
- Saturated body fat 1 g
- Potassium 128 mg
- Sodium 156 mg
- Trans body fat g
- Included sugars four g
- Full sugars 7 g
- Grains and grain solutions 2
- Fats and oils 1
Aug. ten, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Foods Lover’s Companion. third ed. Barron’s Educational Sequence 2001:one hundred sixty five.