By Mayo Clinic Staff
Scampi traditionally refers to shrimp coated in butter. This edition replaces half of the butter with olive oil.
Variety of servings
- eight ounces uncooked spaghetti
- three tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs . significant shrimp, peeled and deveined
- one tablespoon minced garlic
- one/4 cup chopped shallots or eco-friendly onions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- one/4 cup chopped parsley
- one/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to style
- 2 tablespoons brandy or sherry, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter
Fill a significant pot three/4 complete with drinking water and deliver to a boil. Incorporate the pasta and prepare dinner according to bundle instructions. Drain the pasta carefully.
Although the pasta is cooking, warmth one tablespoon olive oil in a significant saucepan over medium warmth. Incorporate the shrimp and prepare dinner for 2 to three minutes on each and every facet. Transfer shrimp to a bowl and keep heat.
Incorporate garlic and shallots to the saucepan and prepare dinner right up until fragrant, about ten seconds. Incorporate lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper, and brandy or sherry, if desired.
Take away the saucepan from the warmth. Incorporate the cooked shrimp additionally 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Toss right up until shrimp are coated with sauce.
Divide pasta amid warmed specific bowls. Top with shrimp and sauce. Serve straight away.
Nutritional evaluation per serving
Serving size: one cup pasta and shrimp
- Whole fats twelve g
- Calories 376
- Protein 36 g
- Cholesterol 254 mg
- Whole carbohydrate 31 g
- Nutritional fiber 2 g
- Monounsaturated fats six g
- Saturated fats 4 g
- Additional sugars g
- Sodium 344 mg
- Trans fats Trace
- Potassium 537 mg
- Whole sugars 2 g
- Protein and dairy one
- Fat 2.5
- Carbohydrates 2
- Meat and meat substitutes three
- Fat 2.5
- Starches 2
- Grains and grain solutions 2
- Meats, poultry and fish three
- Fat and oils 2.5
Aug. ten, 2021
- Tyler Herbst S. Food Lover’s Companion. third ed. Barron’s Instructional Series 2001:550.