By Mayo Clinic Employees
This dry rub is impressed by the warm and spicy taste of jerk seasoning.
Variety of servings
- two teaspoons firmly packed brown sugar
- one teaspoon floor allspice
- one teaspoon floor cinnamon
- one/two teaspoon floor ginger
- one/two teaspoon onion powder
- one/two teaspoon garlic powder
- one/four teaspoon cayenne pepper
- one/eight teaspoon floor cloves
- three/four teaspoon salt, divided
- one/two teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- one pork tenderloin, about one pound, trimmed of noticeable fat
- two teaspoons white vinegar
- one one/two teaspoons dim honey
- one teaspoon tomato paste
In a tiny bowl, combine the brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cloves, one/two teaspoon of the salt and the black pepper. Rub the spice mixture more than the pork and let stand for 15 minutes.
In a further tiny bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, tomato paste and the remaining one/four teaspoon salt. Whisk to blend. Established aside.
Prepare a warm fireplace in a charcoal grill or warmth a fuel grill or broiler (grill) to medium-significant or four hundred F. Absent from the warmth source, frivolously coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack four to 6 inches from the warmth source.
Area the pork on the grill rack or broiler pan. Grill or broil at medium-significant warmth, turning many times, until finally browned on all sides, three to four minutes whole. Take away to a cooler section of the grill or decrease the warmth and proceed cooking for 14 to sixteen minutes.
Baste with the vinegar-honey glaze and proceed cooking until finally the pork is a little bit pink within and an instant-browse thermometer inserted into the thickest section reads one hundred sixty F, three to four minutes for a longer time. Transfer to a reducing board and let awesome for 5 minutes before slicing.
To provide, slice the pork tenderloin crosswise into sixteen pieces and arrange on a warmed serving platter, or divide the slices among the person plates.
Dietary examination per serving
Serving sizing: four slices
- Cholesterol seventy four mg
- Energy 143
- Sodium 509 mg
- Total fat two.5 g
- Total carbohydrate 6 g
- Saturated fat one g
- Dietary fiber one g
- Trans fat Trace
- Added sugars .5 g
- Monounsaturated fat one g
- Protein 24 g
- Total sugars .5 g
- Sweets one/two
- Meats, poultry and fish three
- Protein and dairy one
- Sweets one/two
- Meat and meat substitutes three
- Sweets, desserts and other carbs one/two
This recipe is one particular of a hundred and fifty recipes collected in “The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook,” published by Mayo Clinic Health Information and Oxmoor Home, and winner of a James Beard award.
April 09, 2021