(BPRW) Neighborhood Therapeutic Times 2021 TO Focus ON Psychological REPARATIONS FOR BLACK People today
(Black PR Wire) NEW HAVEN, CT — Neighborhood Therapeutic Community has introduced the plan for the once-a-year observance of Neighborhood Therapeutic Times, coming up this weekend, Oct fifteen-seventeen. This year’s concept is: The Scenario for Psychological Reparations. Introduced in 2006 and endorsed by the late Dr. Maya Angelou, the celebration of Neighborhood Therapeutic Times is designed to “put time for healing” at the major of the Black community’s agenda—healing, as Dr. Angelou mentioned, “from the lies we’ve been instructed and the kinds we’ve instructed ourselves.”
Neighborhood Therapeutic Times is one of a assortment of tactics designed by CHN to mobilize Black people today across the African Diaspora to mend from, and extinguish, the lie that Black people today are inferior. “That lie,” mentioned CHN Founder and President Enola G. Aird, “is the most highly effective weapon ever fashioned against us, the root bring about of the distinct troubles we deal with as a people today, and the best crime against our humanity. Unless and until we cost-free ourselves and our youngsters from this lie, our life will keep on to be devalued and we will keep on to be dehumanized.”
The a few-working day Neighborhood Therapeutic Times 2021 digital celebration will characteristic:
one. On Friday, Oct fifteen, one:00-two:30 pm, Jap time, Black Students Building the Scenario for Psychological Reparations. Panelists will contain: Dr. Jameta Barlow, George Washington College Dr. Huberta Jackson-Lowman, Florida A & M College Dr. Onaje Muid, Male Co-Chair of N’COBRA’s Wellbeing Fee and Dr. Raymond Winbush, Morgan State College. They will focus on the emotional problems brought on by the lie and what we can—and must—do to restore it
two. On Saturday, Oct sixteen, one:00-two:00 pm, Jap time, An Hour of Psychological Refreshment with Dr. Jameta Barlow and
three. On Sunday, Oct seventeen, three:00-4:30 pm, Jap time, the presentation of the 2021 Neighborhood Healer Awards. This year’s honorees are:
• Rev. Odell Montgomery Cooper, author of Interruptions, a tale about turning ache into purpose
• Dr. Bernard Lafayette, Chair of the Southern Christian Leadership Convention
• Maysa Leak, American jazz singer
• Dr. Wizdom Powell, Director of the Wellbeing Fairness Institute at the College of Connecticut
• Rev. Dr. Robert Turner, Pastor of Historic Vernon AME Church in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and reparations activist
• The 2021 Nationwide Neighborhood Healer Award–N’COBRA: The Nationwide Coalition of Blacks for Reparations in America—Male Co-Chair Kamm Howard, and Female Co-Chair Queenmother Mashariki Jywanza
• The 2021 Worldwide Neighborhood Healer Award–Her Excellency Ambassador Arikana Chihombori-Quao, M.D., former Ambassador of the African Union to the United States, and Founder and President of the African Diaspora Progress Institute (ADDI).
# # #
Neighborhood Therapeutic Community is a 501(c)(three) nonprofit group centered exclusively on mobilizing Black people today across the African Diaspora to mend from, and close, the trauma brought on by the lie of White superiority and Black inferiority—told centuries back to justify the enslavement of Africans and the exploitation of Africa. CHN’s close to term aim is to make 2020 to 2030 the 10 years to Embrace the Fact of Black Humanity.
For additional info, please check out https://conta.cc/3v2PrAl
Push Get hold of:
Nia Campinha-Bacote, CHN Neighborhood Supervisor, [email protected]
The information and views expressed in this push launch are individuals of the author(s) and/or represented providers, and are not always shared by Black PR Wire. The author(s) and/or represented providers are only responsible for the information and the precision of the information of this Push launch. Black PR Wire reserves the suitable to reject a push launch if, in the watch of Black PR Wire, the information of the launch is unsuitable for distribution.